.

.

Thursday, November 13

Stimulate Economy...CHECK




A new tradition that has taken root in my Carmen Made This life is making an annual trek to Sisters Oregon for their Pajama Sale at the Stitchin Post (the Mecca of Fabric Stores). It is quite the site. Ladies dressed in their Pajamas waiting in line at 6:30 in the morning to snatch up some sweet savings on what they crave...fabric. As for myself, I too helped to stimulate the economy and purchased some lovely fabric. We had a blast, even Luther joined us. The next day I was able to go on a 4 mile hike with Valori Wells and catch up with what's happening in her life--she's working on a book that will be very interesting.

At the bottom here I have posted some shots of a project I recently finished. I've had the chair done for a while, but the step stool/ottoman finally came together this past weekend. I'm happy with the result but will promise you now I will never recover a chair again. The fabric is from IKEA, I love it. PLUS++++++ There's a new place online to buy Carmen Made This...Paint brush holder for the artist in your list.


Whenever my mom-in-law brings these bars to a family function they quickly disappear. Enjoy.
Salted Peanut Chews

INGREDIENTS
1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
3 cups miniature marshmallows
2/3 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup butter or margarine
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 bag (10 oz) peanut butter chips
2 cups crisp rice cereal
2 cups salted peanuts
DIRECTIONS
1.
Heat oven to 350°F. In ungreased 13x9-inch pan, break up cookie dough. With floured fingers, press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown
2.
Remove partially baked crust from oven. Immediately sprinkle marshmallows evenly over crust.
3.
Return to oven; bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until marshmallows just begin to puff. Cool while making topping.
4.
In large saucepan, heat corn syrup, butter, vanilla and peanut butter chips over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal and peanuts. Immediately spoon warm topping over marshmallows; spread to cover. Refrigerate until firm, about 45 minutes. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.





1 comment:

Denise Wilson said...

The peanut chews sound yummy...think I'll try those!