
I love food. I also love challenges and setting goals. The goals that I set for my New Year's resolution are usually fun. I am continually growing and improving myself--I rarely WAIT until January first to improve myself. But, I do use it as a time to set fun goals and challenges.
My goal(for as long as I choose to accept it) is to try out one new recipe from The Pioneer Woman each week. After we have eaten said meal, we as a family or whomever is at the table, will rate the meal with a strict review. The area for critic include:
My goal(for as long as I choose to accept it) is to try out one new recipe from The Pioneer Woman each week. After we have eaten said meal, we as a family or whomever is at the table, will rate the meal with a strict review. The area for critic include:
Taste
Economic Value
Kid Friendliness
Repeatability
And notes "to try next time"
We will grade the recipes on a Star rating (5 stars is THE best).
Sleepin' In Omelette
Taste= 2.5 stars
Economic Value=Average, onion rolls only item not on hand.
Kid Friendly=Kids can help make. They ate it.
Repeatability= Very Rich. Good for a brunch
To try next time= Next time we may add bacon crumbles and use less butter. This time we did a half recipe and it was plenty for a family of four.
If you haven't visited the Pioneer Woman blog go check her out...especially her food. Very good instructions and pictures.
On the flip side I wanted to share another web discovery. Ben showed this to me last night and it's pretty neat. It's called Daily Plate at Livestong.com (the opposite end of the spectrum from Miss Pioneer "Butter" Woman)
Economic Value
Kid Friendliness
Repeatability
And notes "to try next time"
We will grade the recipes on a Star rating (5 stars is THE best).
Sleepin' In Omelette
Taste= 2.5 stars
Economic Value=Average, onion rolls only item not on hand.
Kid Friendly=Kids can help make. They ate it.
Repeatability= Very Rich. Good for a brunch
To try next time= Next time we may add bacon crumbles and use less butter. This time we did a half recipe and it was plenty for a family of four.
If you haven't visited the Pioneer Woman blog go check her out...especially her food. Very good instructions and pictures.
On the flip side I wanted to share another web discovery. Ben showed this to me last night and it's pretty neat. It's called Daily Plate at Livestong.com (the opposite end of the spectrum from Miss Pioneer "Butter" Woman)
3 comments:
I'll have to check out the pioneer woman blog. The livestrong website is pretty cool!
Love the Pioneer Woman, this is the one that Laura talks about all the time. Now if the livestrong website could just send some motivation over the internet I would be all set.
Mom
Gotta get outta a rut! Thanks for the links! :)
Post a Comment