.

.

Tuesday, May 3

Keeping it real...


This post is titled="Keeping it real"...and it is dedicated to Erica and Beth. We sometimes talk about how blogs are so squeaky clean, showing only the positive, fun parts of life and creating a fake facade. Well here you go Erica, here you go Beth this post is not fun or positive or clean.

Last Thursday between 10am and 12noon our home was broken into by a burglar. They came in through Colton's nursery window and after looking through the house stole $600 of cash from our unlocked safe. They quickly left through our back sliding door when they heard us come in from the front. They left the back door open and their mountain bike in the front.

The police officer who investigated was very nice and speculates that the person was riding around our neighborhood earlier in the morning when they saw us pack up and leave our house to go to the gym. They proceeded to break-in after they knocked on the front door to confirm the house was empty.

With the nicer weather upon us the rate of home burglaries go up. Please remember to lock up your home and always be aware of your surroundings. Count your blessing--I know I do!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Carmen, that's really scary! I'm glad you're all OK, but that must have been quite a fright. Makes me want to lock all my windows at all times, especially when Chris is away (like he is now).

Laura

Beth and Shae said...

Way to keep it real...Real scary though. I hope your nerves are calming. Maybe a trip to Reno would help!

Erica said...

Okay, so I wish that your
"keepin' it real" post could have been about laundry, dust bunnies, a secret bad swearing habit, a million things other than this! Very disturbing...like you said though...so many other blessings to count!

[BrookeO] said...

Beth told me about this....agh! So thankful you are all okay.

Elisha said...

HOW SCARY! I am glad that you all were not home and no one was hurt! I am so sorry! And this is why I am freaked out all the time and I tell my husband not to leave the windows open! HUGS!

Shelby said...

I am so sorry!!! Bummers. Glad you are all ok.

Cheyenne Nichols said...

Oh no! I just figured that your 3 year old must be an escape artist or something! How awful!