Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space. ~Evan Esar
.
Thursday, January 3
Biggest Loser
Happy New Year! Happy goal setting, happy fresh starts, happy new beginnings. In 2012 I participated in a Biggest Loser competition within my extended family. Money was put into a pot, rules were established and goals were set. The number one goal in my mind was to lose my 'baby-weight', be a healthier me, and encourage my family to live healthy too.
I lost 42 pounds in all and along the way I ran the Pear Blossom and climbed my favorite Oregon peak. I also had some set backs, the largest one being the development of IT Band Syndrome which broke my heart because running is my favorite cardio. But, I pushed through it and obtained my weight loss goal and became a healthier mom and a healthier woman.
At this point I could go into detail about HOW I lost weight, but the plain and simple formula is this-- DIET+ EXERCISE. Choose a healthy diet--stick with it. Choose a exercise regiment--stick with it. As for me, I eliminated all refined sugars (and very low carbs in the first few months), and I made exercise a TOP priority. If you really want more details on losing weight you can message me and I will send you more inspiration, after all I have done this three times (once for each of my lovely baby boys).
Happy New Year! Have a healthy 2013 everyone!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
WhaHOOOOOOOO! You worked hard and have earned your new look! Pass the Oreos...let's celebrate!
amazing!!!! I gotta get on the band wagon.
you look great carmen!! hard work and dedication paid off.
Post a Comment