We've started a new adventure over here at the Lawson household. I have officially welcomed our first beehive into the family. It has been quite an interesting journey so far, I find honey bees very fascinating creatures. Last weekend we drove down to Orland, CA to retrieve our first hobby package of bees. They drove home with us in their special cage...the boys weren't scared at all during the whole thing. The boys were even very bold and eager to learn at the information fair we attended in Orland, they got up and personal with the thousands of bees around the property.
After we got ours established back at home I helped my friends, and beekeeper mentors, put their 80,000 bees in their new homes--we did it at night so it added to the excitement. All going well as of now, I do have a lot to learn!! Those who contribute to my beekeeping efforts in the form of buying me bee friendly plants, yard work, etc. will be put on a short list..first in line for the honey harvest!!







No comments:
Post a Comment