.

.

Friday, March 14

My favorite things...


Listed on the left side of my blog I have a section titled--These are a few of my favorite things...--and I've decided to spend a second explaining WHY they are my favorite things. I will do this one blog entry at a time. I will start with my friend, fabric designer and super mom...Valori Wells. I'm starting with her because I actually spent most of my day today creating a pretty awesome quilt( if I do say so) out of her fabric. At Xmas I was given a generous bundle of 3"X42" strips of her fabric from Grandma Dorothy and boy the joy I felt as I nuzzled my nose into the stack--I could still smell the Stitchin' Post's sweet aroma. So three months later I have used up most of the fabric 1. burp cloths, 2. a random wreath with yo-yo's for our front door 3.the quilt I'm about to finish to sell at the Sister's Outdoor Quilt Show. I like fabric. I don't have a lot of it...I usually buy exactly what I need and then don't buy more until that particular project is done---mainly because of a lack of storage and a lack of funds. (that's why I love my new "job" where I get payed to shop for and use designer fabrics) So I like fabric...well there are a few designers that I love...I'll peek at their websites once a week, read their blogs regularly, and drive all the way to Ashland just to go to the one shop in the Rogue Valley that carries their fabric. So Valori Wells is on this list. The quilt pictured is hers (not mine, dang-it) and since I don't have many friends that understand the quilting world I usually read her blog or email her with a question and it fills that void, sort of...SO visit her webpage, she's an inspiration!!!!!!!

2 comments:

D and C said...

You are so talented Carmen. That is awesome. I think you should move back to Concord, open up a shop and have a credit card machine ready for me!

Elisha said...

Carmen, Are you going to post a picture of your finished quilt in your blog? I am dying to see it! You are so amazing! Love you! Elisha