.

.

Wednesday, September 16

Do you know the muffin man?

Beth’s Banana Crumb Muffins
INGREDIENTS
3/4 cups all-purpose flour
¾ cups whole wheat flour
½ cup quick oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
½ t nutmeg
1t cinnamon


3 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup white sugar
¼ cup light brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1t vanilla

1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 T applesauce, added little by little(maybe not all)


DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
2. In a large bowl, mix together first eight ingredients (all dry). In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugars, egg, oil, and vanilla. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Add applesauce little by little until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean. Enjoy!!
________________________________________________

I hope you will like this recipe I got from my good friend Beth. I have been doing some 'muffin' research. My children seem to be constantly eating/snacking and healthy muffins are a good way to fill them up. Plus I have started my 2009 school year off with providing child care to a handful of working mothers, and muffins help to keep the little clients fed and happy.

The muffin recipe above is originally from allrecipes.com. Beth passed it to me, and I doctored it up and modified some things for my family's/child care needs. If you have any muffin recipe's you'd like to share please send them my way!

PS I need to tell you how much I LOVE my Wilton silicone baking cups. I love them, I do. (thanks Necia--I bought 12 more with my Joanne's 40% off coupon)

6 comments:

mom2jjk said...

We love banana recipes and I have quite a few frozen so I think I will have to give them a try! They sound yummy!

Sharp4sure said...

I KNOW the muffin man by eating too many muffins and getting a muffin top!!!!

Carmen said...

Very funny Deanne

Beth and Shae said...

Glad you liked them. I also love the wilton muffin cups. Have you seen the ones with feet? Enjoy your muffin journey.

Hatt family said...

Sounds delicious. We love muffins at our house too. We'll have to try them! I've never seen the muffin cups, those look so neat!

Hatt family said...

Makayla really enjoyed the activity on Thursday. Thank you for all of your hard work! Olivia was sad she missed it, but very happy that Makayla gave her one of the cute flower clips she made. Friday Makayla wore one to school and was excited to receive compliments. She also came home and said that she needed to learn more articles of faith. She said that Benson knew more than she did. I thought, boy I better get more on the ball! :)