.

.

Monday, September 7

I Love My Sister...Part II


Confession--I didn't take any pictures at the wedding. I took plenty of pictures of the moments leading up to the big event, but Mike Larson Photography(view photos)will have to tell that part of the story. Everything was so beautiful and perfect. I especially liked being with my family and celebrating this special event.


I love my sister, or otherwise I wouldn't have traveled 20 hours in a car with two small children to attend her wedding.


The time leading up to the wedding was stressful, productive, and fun. Two nights before the big day we were all gathered in the rented beach house in Pismo Beach. We were enjoying each others company, sorting dessert/bread dishes and the cousins were upstairs watching the third Harry Potter movie. It was about 9:30PM and there was a knock at the door, as I yelled from the background, “we don’t want any” Necia opened the door to two uniformed police officers. The policemen said there was a noise disturbance of “clanking dishes and laughing children”. We seriously thought it was a joke...it wasn't. We only received a warning, and a funny story to tell.





Shots from the rehearsal. The wedding was held at the Dana Powers Estate. A very beautiful garden setting.






These are part of the gifts Necia gave her bridesmaids. They are fabric wallets that hold cards...Valori Wells pattern.



Moments leading up to the big one...


2 comments:

Erica Johnston said...

Seriously? Cops! I'm so glad that I don't live in that neighborhood! I'm afraid I'd have a record!

Hatt family said...

Aren't sisters the best?! I love having sisters. I think it's interesting that some of the most special and exciting events in life are coupled with stress and being busy.