My birthday celebration was just perfect this year...my favorite things like good food and good friends. A group of us met at Summer Jo's for breakfast followed by a relaxing day with my husband and then dinner at Aja--a pacific rim cuisine restaurant...yum!I received many handmade gifts this year. Two really special ones are seen below. A poster that my sister and brother-in-law designed, as well as a quilt my mom made for me using the Carmen quilt pattern. I will treasure both!

Off to Grandma's Camp...every year my mom hosts a camp that is a little boys dream. Luther got to attend this year and everyone had a blast. Lego classes, trampoline jumping, firework explosions, water play, building, gaming, and being together--6 boy cousins!My sisters and I were able to ditch out a few times..we went to IKEA, shopping, and I helped Becky paint her bedroom.



One of the many Grandma's Camp activities was picking strawberries. I was fortunate enough to smuggle enough home to make two batches of strawberry jam...



One of the many Grandma's Camp activities was picking strawberries. I was fortunate enough to smuggle enough home to make two batches of strawberry jam...
PW gets 5 stars for this instruction, especially since her photos are always so good. I am not giving her credit for the recipe since the pectin box recipe is the one used. I don't generally use the water bath method for jam. Today, like usual, I used the "invert method" to seal the jars.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you had a fun birthday! Those are definite treasures! You and your family are so talented! The grandma's camp sounds like so much fun too!!
Dear Carmen,
You are by far the most talented person I know. Can I ask you a slighly disgusting favor? Can I have your q-tips? Your used ones. I would like all of that talent that is oozing out of your ears!
Sincerely,
Erica
Post a Comment