My friend-neighbor turned me on to this pattern. It's by Oliver+S and is called the Bubble Dress. I usually don't make clothes, but I felt inspired to make a cute little something for a 2 year old that I baby sit. While babysitting said two year old while her family rafted the Lower Rogue I thought I would be extra sweet and not only take care of their child (AKA Luther's twin) but also make them Pioneer Woman Cinnamon Rolls and a Bubble Dress.Well, attempt #1 was too small. Silly me, I thought a two year old would fit the 2T pattern. My headache, your gain. Well, there was no headache because I really like sewing. The second try is pictured below. I embellished the pattern and headbands with my favorite thing to make in front of the TV...Yo-yos.
I am GIVING THE 2T BUBBLE DRESS AWAY to a deserving reader. Please leave a comment on this post by June 19th(I'm sure I am going to be feeling extra generous and happy that particular day)

Here is something I made when Ben was in Portland for an OMEA meeting last week. I needed a summer look. Thanks Chelsea for the pattern. I used oil cloth and am happy with the result(even though I will avoid working with oil cloth ever again)
Cinnamon Rolls (the Mormon version...omit coffee in frosting)
Taste: 5 Stars
Economic Value: 4 Stars
Kid Friendly: 5 Stars
Notes for Next Time: This dough is very moist, but workable once you turn it out onto your floured surface. I will use less butter next time- 1/2 actually. Makes about 30. I will never go back to my old recipe...good job PW.

9 comments:
Does Trish know? :) LOVE the dresses, bag, and she looks SO darling in it, thanks for the picture!
Good heavens how cute, I love the fabric also....I really love the fabric on your summer purse.
MOM
What a cute dress!! I would love to try that pattern sometime. Always amaze me. You make it look easy, girl! Looking forward to your birthday coming up! xo
How funny, we always have the opposite problem with patterns in that they are two big for Miriam, except in the length department, then they are too short.
Super cute as always... I like all your cute things you make... Heather
this looks beautiful...hmmm...I just happen to have a cute little 2 year old that is not Luthers twin who might look scrumpteous in this...elbow elbow...wink wink.
I love your adorable dress and I know a cute little girl who would look great in it. You are so creative. I honestly don't know how you do it all.
I love when you make mistakes that could possibly fit my Gracie!!!!
Congratulations to Erica. The winner of the cute bubble dress. Thank you to all that entered the contest!
Post a Comment