I AM an Oregonian
I have listened to the waterfalls along the Columbia Gorge
I have breathed deeply the air atop Mt. McLoughlin
I have spent money at the Outlets in Lincoln City
I have been tubing on Lake of the Woods.
I have been lost in Fields
I have heard my name called at an OSU graduation ceremony in Corvallis
I have given birth to two boys in the Rogue Valley(naturally I might add)
I have been inspired by the artistry in the Sister's Outdoor Quilt show
I have ridden a quarter horse bareback on a ranch in Arlington
I have geo-cached in Newport
I have tasted Moonstruck Chocolate in Portland
I have seen the wonder and ahh of the fall colors in Klamath Basin
I have toured a pioneer fort in Astoria
I have purchased tulip bulbs in Woodburn
I have enjoyed a ferris wheel ride at the State Fair in Salem
I have been apart of an Univ. of Oregon football halftime show in Eugene
I have smelled the coastal air in Brookings.
I have eaten s'mores around a Fish Lake campfire
I have enjoyed the climate in Grants Pass
I AM an Oregonian
2 comments:
I love this post Carmen. Makes me think about why I LOVE Oregon!
That is right it has been 10 years since you spent the summer in that little little trailer, how things have changed!
Love the poem, makes me homesick for my native state of Oregon!!
Love Mom
Post a Comment