.

.

Sunday, May 18

Do What You Love, Love What You Do










This past weekend I did something totally fun and a little out of my usual routine. My friend Valori Wells(pictured above) was able to get me a pass into the International Quilt Market in Portland. The 'Market' is basically a trade show for the fabric and quilt industry and only designers and shop owners are able to attend. It was hosted in the Oregon Convention Center and it was gInormous!! I was able to get a peek into the latest and most beautiful fabric and design ideas. Each vendor or designer had a booth which they saturated with their creativity and craft---the whole thing was inspiring and SO MUCH FUN (thanks Val)




Since fabric and pattern designers from all over the planet were there I was able to meet some of my favorite. Joel Dewberry(pictured above with ME) was showing off his new home decorator fabric. For all of you BYU fans out there...Joel's a cougar! Right before Market I whipped up a new purse made out of his prints and he noticed it, liked it, and wanted to take a closer look.














The weekend before Market I went over to Central Oregon for a visit and was able to attend a lecture at the Stitchin' Post in Sister's featuring Amy Butler. She's so sweet and seems to have integrity and a good charactor. She also did a book signing for her book, Midwest Modern--very good book for those interested in interior design.




Pictured above is Denyse Schmidt. Her prints are reproductions of old ones combined with modern color--vintage with a twist, very cool. In this shot she's being interviewed on camera...at the Market there were people everywhere doing interviews and taping for shows, etc.













Here I am with Anna Marie Horner. Her new home decorator fabric is fun and if you have a little girl her prints are perfect for dresses and other fun stuff. The chairs we're sitting on were re-covered in Portland for the show with her bright fabric...now those are some happy chairs. (I'm partial to Joel Dewberry's home decor. fabric because it's more neutral)





Sandi Henderson are fun and pretty too (Beth...this is the lady with the cute cherry prints)






























Stay tuned for a giveaway coming soon!!












3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fun. and up your ally. that's cool that you got to meet the people that design/make the fabric and designs you love so much. perfect heading also, i totally agree.

Shelby said...

Glad you had such a fun time and that you were able to meet all these designers. How fun. I loved the baby shower invites, too. Cute!

Beth and Shae said...

Looks like you had a blast. Thank you so much for the info on Sandi Henderson's cherry fabric. I just know six months after I need cherry fabric it is going to be everywhere. Glad you had a good time.