.

.

Tuesday, January 6

Cute as a...



I wanted to share with you a couple of my recent creations. I love to create. I especially love to create while Ben is out of town and I'm having trouble sleeping. I thought it was time for a new purse...so I whipped one up. A big thank you to my sister who gave me my inspiration--an extra button from her Anthropologie sweater. Something I especially love about this purse is the red piping and the gathering...plus I added plenty of pockets on the inside to help organize all the 'stuff' a mom carries around.
For Christmas my mom gave me an Amy Butler book, among other things. It's called Little Stitches for Little Ones. Last week I did a test run with one of the patterns...kimono pajamas. They are as cute as a button. I say test run because 1. I usually don't sew garments, 2. I just used fabric that I had on hand, and 3. The fabric I really want to use for this pattern is sitting in a store in Sisters, OR....new flannel designed by my friend Valori. She did just send me a package of free fat quarters so now I have a better idea of what prints I like out of her collection.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sooo cute in his little pjs!!

Heatheryrt said...

Wow, great job.. You are so creative.. I admire you!!!! You look great too... Happy New Year..

Shelby said...

I love your purse. It looks even cuter in person. And, your Luther definitely looks CUTE AS A BUTTON!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carmen..Those jammies are super cute, and I LOVE that purse. (I also love the one you whipped up for me in Concord!) Hope you're doing well!
Laura