Each year I do Annual Home Inventory. Which is more then a spring cleaning and sounds more productive too. During my Home Inventory I go through everything, every room, every drawer, every shelf, every space in order to clean and de-clutter. I get rid of unworn clothes, broken toys, and surplus stuff. Do you have any of that?
Well I am writing this blog in celebration of another Annual Home Inventory completed. Since the 2008 Home Inventory I have generated a task list in Word which I simply printed out, and especially loved when I could cross an accomplished task off with a big black thick pen! I am happy to share this master list with anybody motivated for some serious spring cleaning...two of my friends have already requested it.
I also have a number of helpful websites that I have browsed or I use quite often to educate and motivate myself as far as domestic duties are concerned. First off I need to say that our children need to be taught domestic duties. We need to teach our children all the skills they need to be able to move out and successfully take care of themselves...boys and girls. There is an excellent book I reference probably on a yearly basis that helps to understand what chores are developmentally appropriate for children/teens...it's called The Parenting Breakthough.
While going through my financial files and cleaning those out I had questions about what to throw away and what to keep..here are a couple of sites that are helpful in that category
http://www.feedthepig.org/ and I used this one for knowing when to purge old papers click here.
Oprah thinks she knows a thing or two about organizing and keeping a clean house and has some interesting and motivating shows/articles about decluttering your house...click here
And lastly from my soapbox (no pun intended) I am starting to investigate a site called Flylady.net. My friends who have used this sight say that she'll send you emails daily with tasks and cleaning jobs to do around your house so that you always have a neat and tidy palace.
GIVE AWAY COMING NEXT.....





1 comment:
You are amazing. I need to do that!
Post a Comment