
A couple of weeks ago my mother-in-law came for a visit and left me with a stack of my friend Valori Wells' new fabric. I couldn't wait to start creating with it and I promptly made myself two hair scarves for the 2009 summer season. Valori's new fabric is so yummy...I could just eat it up.
Since I'm on the 'yummy summer' topic here is a new family favorite here at the Lawson home. Enjoy!!
Salmon With Cilantro Pesto
Cilantro Pesto
• 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
• 3 tablespoons fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
• 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
• 2 tablespoons shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic-herb seasoning blend
• 4 salmon fillets (about 4 ounces each)
• 1/4 cup sliced almonds
Directions:
-Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or lightly spray with non-stick spray.
-In a food processor or blender, process the pesto ingredients for 15 to 20 seconds, or until slightly chunky.
-Place the fillets about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Spread the pesto evenly over the top of the fillets. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup almonds.
-Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
-Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or lightly spray with non-stick spray.
-In a food processor or blender, process the pesto ingredients for 15 to 20 seconds, or until slightly chunky.
-Place the fillets about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Spread the pesto evenly over the top of the fillets. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup almonds.
-Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
2 comments:
Super cute scarves Carmen! You are so creative and talented. Also, the recipe looks scrumptious! We'll have to try it.
Love the scarves! Very clever! Ditto on creativity, talent, and I better find us some salmon!
Post a Comment