We have made our annual trek to Fish Lake Resort. My family has been visiting this quite camping spot for over thirty years. There are a lot of good, familiar memories at Fish Lake. I came home with a camera full of photos. As I started to organize them I realized that there are some shots that are the same each year. I thought it would be fun to put them side by side to see how the boys have grown and changed.
This bench pictured above is a memorial bench for my Great Uncle who spent a good portion of his adult life fishing this lake. One of the largest trout from the lake was caught by him, and it still has a place of honor in the lodge.
We like to relax and swim at Aspen Point at Lake of the Woods. The shore is friendly, and the water is shallow. And it's a perfect spot to wait for Uncle Joe to pick us up in his boat to go tubing.
Here we are again at Aspen Point...this is a beautiful tree that has comfy spots to sit and rest.








4 comments:
Glad to see some of the pictures. I have been checking everyday to see what you would post. It would be fun to find pictures of you and yur siblings in similar activities that the boys do now.
The annual picture ofyou on the three turned out better then I thought it would!!
Love Mom
Great pics. I didn't realize the bench had such significance. Still hoping I will be able to make it again next year, though the driving was a little long with just me to do it....
That last comment was from your cousin , Tammee, oops!
Wow. It's so crazy to think when I first met you, you were pregnant with Benson...I can't believe that's Luther on the bench all bundled up as a baby!! I've watched your boys growing up and haven't even been realizing it...I'm so used to seeing them as they are now, I've forgotten how far they've come!! It's neat to have a place that's so familiar and where your family has history...and I'll stop writing my small novel...
Post a Comment