Our Halloween season has been festive. I took the boys on a run this afternoon around 4pm and realized I didn't have as much time as I usual do because the sun was lower in the sky, fall really is here I guess and winter is even closer. Where we live winter means fog, rain, clouds--translation 'no sun' something you never really get used to or enjoy.We started our harvest time with a trip to the Seven Oaks Farm to pick out some beautiful pumpkins, pet some animals, and ride some ponies. Benson even got to ride in a cart...he wasn't too sure about it when the horse started trotting. We carved our pumpkins and Benson got his inspiration from a Berenstain Bears book for the face. On Friday night we attended a Oktoberfest party at our church--some old Concord residents recognised me as a Minuteman...it was the perfect costume. Benson was a Jedi Knight the first night and a Skeleton the actual night of Halloween. While Luther was a dog and then a horse.
We have two tubs full of costumes that the boys like to use for dress-up, so we've got Halloween covered! My sweet neighbor Gina painted my face on Halloween, while my other neighbor, Heather, invited us over for some yummy chili after trick-or-treating.
Fun was had by all!!








2 comments:
I love the skeleton's yellow boots. Send that picture along for our collection of Halloween pics for Dad's blog.
Also love the minuteman uniform, I am sure that caused some laughs.
Love Mom
PS. can you also email the one you sent to my phone??
Makayla especially liked your minuteman costume. The face painting is done so well!! Looks like a very fun Halloween. Does the farm do things for Christmas or Thanksgiving?
Post a Comment