The first Saturday of Spring Break Ben woke up to a big surprise.
"Get up, pack your bags we're going on a trip" I said.
He grumbled something along the lines of, "Yeah sure, I'm going back to sleep"
But when he saw me roll the partially full suitcase in from the garage he knew I was serious. We packed up the kids and the car and were on the road by nine.
First stop Albany. We met Ben's parents there and said, "Bye-bye" to the boys for a few days. We continued on to Portland for a fun filled two-night vacation to celebrate Ben's 3oth birthday. The evening agenda consisted of a progressive dinner including appetizer at Nicholas', dinner at Benihana's, and dessert at Pix Patisserie where I found the planets best hot chocolate (Chocolate Chaud)

Other highlights of our trip include the Portland experience of VooDoo Doughnuts, The Saturday Market, Bob's Red Mill, Moonstruck Chocolate on 23rd, New IKEA fabric, Powell Street Books, having my cousin cook for us at Benihana's and sleeping in.






3 comments:
yay new photos, sounds like quite a trip, lots of good food. Did Karston know you were coming or did you surprise him also? Happy B' Day Ben and good work Caromen.
Love Mom
I want to hear all the details! Are you glad you waited to tell?! Looks like a good time for sure.
You're amazing! Sounds like the response I'd get from Jason :).Looks and sounds like a perfect way to celebrate forever 29! :) Good food, alone time with the sweetheart...and fun places to explore!
Post a Comment