.

.

Monday, March 29

Carmen Made This...

A few Carmen Made This projects coming your way. My friend over at Home Economics asked me to sew some of these awesome, contemporary, industrial, Anthropologie-ish pillows for him to sell at his store and Interior Design Markets. I was a little apprehensive and nervous because the British Route Sign material is very expensive. But, what's a girl to do...I made 11 for him and he hooked me up with a check and my own sign fabric to play with (I'm thinking more pillows and maybe a tote) Take a look, what do you think??













My super cute girls barrettes are also making their debut at my neighbor's booth at the Growers Market(and other festival events) She plans on selling them on her website as well. Take a look, what do you think? (thanks Jake for the photos)

Test Kitchen
Taste: 3 Stars, varies on sauce dipping
Economic Value: Very good--if you have a monster plant that produces more then enough(froze some and used it for this) Cheese price varies
Kid Friendly: 3 stars
Next Time?: More cheese, fry in butter...yes, butter. Use lots of seasoning salt in last step.

5 comments:

Chelsea Dawn said...

I LOVE pillows! They look great! Nice work (as always)!

Erica said...

The pillows look Awesome! Instead of a tote...how about a clutch? :)

Anonymous said...

Great work on the pillows. I can see fabric used for one of your bags.
Mom

Hatt family said...

Very chic! The hair clips are so cute too! I'm impressed with Ben's weight loss, 50 lbs. in a few months?! Wow!

nikki Peterson said...

carmen i love the pillows! i am obsessed with the vintage bus rolls myself. wonderful job!