.

.

Friday, October 22

Trip To California

The boys and I had a really fun time visiting California a few weekends ago. If you look carefully at the photo above you can see the Blue Angels flying above the Golden Gate Bridge. I got a gentle reminder on the Saturday of our visit of why I don't live there...We went into the city (San Francisco) to watch the Blue Angels Show over the bay and it took us over three hours to get back to Concord from the Persidio-(Please note that we had two small children in the car who had had a full day).
I was also able to catch up with some long time friends. My high school buddy Jeremy got married and fun was had by all...a real enjoyable and memorable evening.


When I grew up in California there was a restaurant that our family used to go to called The Magic Garlic. With their warm fresh artisan bread they would also serve the most perfect roasted garlic bulbs to smear on your slice. Last week we tried the roasting technique ourselves to enhance our bread at dinner.

So in the Pioneer Woman Test Kitchen we used her 'How to' guide on Roasting Garlic and I give it 5 stars!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But what a good time we had..:) I have not thought about the Garlic resturant in a long time...it is now an IHOP:(
Loved having you here for the long weekend...Mom