.

.

Thursday, January 6

Remember December {Food}


This is my final entry in my Pioneer Woman Test Kitchen series. I have come to the conclusion that I love her recipes and trust her taste. If you haven't checked out her website I strongly recommend that you do. The recipes are accompanied by easy to follow instructions and GREAT photography. Over the course of my testing I only ran across one recipe that I did not care for.


This past month I have tried a few more of her yummy recipes:


For Christmas Dinner...

Taste: 5 stars...mmm butterrr.
Economic Value: 4.5 stars homemade bread is pretty economical in general....but buy stock in butter.
Kid Friendly: 5 stars
Next Time: Recipe made plenty for 12 adults and 6 kids. Next time I will use half the dough for cinnamon rolls and half for dinner (like recommended)


My sister-in-law made this soup at Christmas time, so then I did too when we got home and froze half of it for 'maternity leave'.

Taste: 4.5 stars
Economic Value: 3.5 stars
Kid Friendly: 4 stars (Benson loved it--Luther used it for his bread dip)
Next Time: Will actually use the Sherry. Would like it thicker like the Safeway Brand Tomato Bisque--so may add more cream (yum).


Taste: 3 stars
Economic Value: 5 stars
Kid Friendly: 5 stars (especially when you incorporate Star Wars shapes from Williams Sonoma)
Next Time: LESS baking powder! Like half...you could really taste the baking powder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, I always liked your reviews of her recipies and the pictures. It helped me get interested in cooking dinner...again
Love Mom