.

.

Thursday, February 25

Ganache...



Ganache...one of those words that brings pleasure simply by saying. It invokes the memory of life's simple pleasures, and those indulgent moments of pure cocoa satisfaction. My Book Club read the fun light-hearted book Chocolat this past month. I seldom read a page without craving cocoa in some form. Luckily my mother was planning a visit. And luckily she agreed to give my Book Club a Truffle making demonstration. See above photos!

In other news...the Lawson household has discovered Skype. Free video calls from your computer. Totally fun to talk to family and friends this way. Also, Benson is officially an 'online gamer'. OK, maybe not really, but he enjoys playing chess and I luckily have an intellectually superior friend from high school who has designed a chess playing website. Electric Chess has consumed Benson's thoughts and actions. If you are interested in starting a game with him let me know.

Pioneer Woman Test Kitchen results:
Decadent Chocolate Milk
Taste: 1 star
Economic Value: 1.5 stars
Kid Friendly: 4 stars
Repeatability: negative.
Next time: There won't be a next time, but I would maybe add sugar. I didn't like this recipe because it was a little too creamy/'butter flavor' for my taste. I used Ghiradelli and still was not satisfied.

4 comments:

Shelby said...

Yummmm. I would've special ordered some of that, had I known you were making some just a few miles away! Looks like the truffles/ganache was worth all that reading! HA! ; )

Hatt family said...

SOOOOOO GOOOOD! Jason and I REALLY enjoyed ours! Thank you so much!!The cookies were delicious too. Jared caused a huge uproar when he stole one of my cookies, which gave him three verses everyone's two!! :)

Hatt family said...

We'll have to check out the site, Makayla really loves to play chess too! Maybe she and Benson can play!

Erica said...

Dang...I wish I were in your book club...that looks divine!