
BEFORE
I had a birthday. I turned 29 again, and my present this year was inspired by a Sunset Magazine article I flipped to while waiting in the Pediatricians office a couple of months ago. We have a small backyard and this article inspired me to re-do it more as a courtyard living area then an actual yard. I am very happy with the outcome and look forward to using it daily this summer.
I collected frames from yard sales and painted them fun colors.
A big thank you to my father-in-law who built me this perfect fire pit for roasting marshmallows.
Thank you to Erica for donating me her old couch pillows. I recovered them in heavy weight outdoor fabric. (no, you can't have them back)
In our old backyard we had a sandbox. We were able to salvage the wood and Ben and his dad built two 6' benches.
Thank you to Beth and Shae for finding me this monster of a table. Nice and big, and second hand so it's OK if it gets a little ruffed up from the outdoor weather. Plus a thank you to my dear friend Trish for finding me some old chairs with character.




5 comments:
Looks great! I should have peeked in person. I will have to next Time. Glad you had such a good birthday.
lovely, you will get much enjoyment out of this very pretty space...it was a good idea.
Don't forget..put a bird on it!!!
Love mom
It looks incredible!!! Once again you're an inspiration to me! Beauty can be functional, stylish, and not break the bank!! The comment about asking for pea gravel for your birthday made me giggle. I've noticed my gift list has changed too as I've gotten older! How cool that your kids are dubbing you younger with your birthdays! :)
You captured your inspiration. You even have bamboo for background. Firepit is better in yours.ha ha
love
MOM L
I love how it all came together!!!!
Post a Comment