.

.

Wednesday, November 2

Pokemon How-to

Lately my boys have been super obsessed with Pokemon...and quite frankly it's super irritating. Why can't they be obsessed with something real like dinosaurs, fishing, or plumbing...but no they are focused on this strange world of things that evolve, have unpronounceable names, and the books are read backwards.

They wanted me to make them some Pokemon toys, and I did it the easiest way I could think of: Sharpies and Fabric. Read on for the How To...


Using the Google Image Search print out your favorite Pokemon character and tape to a bright window.

Over the image tape a light colored fabric like muslin

Pick one or two appropriate tracing colors.


Trace image



After tracing pick a complimentary back fabric. Since Butterfree is MY stuffed animal that I plan to play with while playing Pokemon with the boys I chose a pretty Amy Butler print. Place image and back fabric together .


Right sides facing each other.



Cut around the image. Leave about 1-1.5 inches around image.



Sew. Keeping right sides together. Use a forth inch seam. Leave a 2-3 inch opening.




Pull right side fabric through opening.




Push out around parameter.


Stuff your Pokemon character. Close the opening with a simple whip stitch.


Tadaaa...the whole Pokemon crew.




2 comments:

Melissa said...

Genius!!! The phase will pass and I agree it was not my favorite with Jacob! we went from Pokemon to Yugioh to Bakugan and now he is finally free of the insistent need to collect!

Robin said...

Really? you think the need to collect will pass. Don't bank on it.
Experience tells a Grandma differently.
Just a thought