My dear friend Audrey landed her first teaching job in East Oakland, CA. I know Audrey from my days (a lifetime ago) teaching Preschool in Corvallis, OR. We were/are dear friends. She is always helping others and is service oriented.
Recently I received an email from her concerning her new classroom in Oakland. To put it bluntly she has NO supplies available to her to teach these young third grade children. Well, that's not completely true...she has desks and an empty bookshelf. Period. To read more about her experiences, including the bullet hole in her window, please read her blog.
So being the creative mad-woman that I am I whipped up a 45' flag pennant to send her way in hopes that it will brighten her classroom and bring joy to the children's new school year. I CHALLENGE YOU to do your part too...click here to be linked to her donation sight to help buy books for her classroom. And if you live around here...and you know who you are...talk to me about how I plan to help more and we can make it a team service project!!
No comments:
Post a Comment