.

.

Thursday, September 4

The First Day of the Rest of His Life...


Benson started preschool today. We went to an open house there on Tuesday and then he officially started today. The program he is in he truly amazing...even by my standards. I really like the resources available to the teachers and the way they learn through play. I am a firm believer in learning through play...especially for this age. For godness sakes he's got the rest of his school career to sit at a desk, so for now he can play, imagine, experiment, and enjoy.
Emotionally I handled it pretty well. I dropped him off with roses in his hand for his teacher and then walked away...looking back only once to see if he needed me. He didn't. As I drove away with Luther in the back seat heading out to drop off a couple of Etsy.com orders and then to the gym for a Spin class I realized I didn't have my cell phone with me. Panic. But, soon rationalized that the school had about 20 different phone numbers for emergency contacts if by some slim chance there was an emergency...I continued on and vowed to remember my cell phone next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How both of your lifes will change. Enjoy the journey it is over before you know it. Then you find yourself sometimes wishing for the good old days when spending the afternoon playing in the yard with the hose was a delight. Next you find yourself watching your childern begin the journey. Not a bad thing!
Love Mom