







This weekend my husband and I were able to take a trip up to Portland for two nights. The wedding of two good friends brought us there. We also enjoyed shopping and enjoying a metropolitan area (as opposed to the town we live in). Some of the highlights include getting 'lost' in the worlds best book store, bowling at a one of a kind hip bowling alley called Grand Central and the wedding--which was beautiful.
I need to give a shout out(hehe) to my mom. She was in charge of the boys this weekend and even survived a trip to the emergency room for 'staples'. THANK YOU!!
Peanut Butter Reindeer
Makes 2 dozen
1/2 cup soft butter
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 and 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt mini pretzels (chocolate-covered are good) M&Ms plain chocolate candy (red and green)
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat margarine, peanut butter, sugars, and egg thoroughly. Mix all dry ingredients together and blend into margarine mixture. Roll dough into 24 large balls approximately 1 and 1/4" in diameter and 24 smaller balls approximately 1" in diameter. Position one small ball under one large ball on a cookie sheet, then lightly press down and together to form shape of reindeer. Press 2 pretzels into the top ball for antlers; add candy pieces for nose and eyes. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat margarine, peanut butter, sugars, and egg thoroughly. Mix all dry ingredients together and blend into margarine mixture. Roll dough into 24 large balls approximately 1 and 1/4" in diameter and 24 smaller balls approximately 1" in diameter. Position one small ball under one large ball on a cookie sheet, then lightly press down and together to form shape of reindeer. Press 2 pretzels into the top ball for antlers; add candy pieces for nose and eyes. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
4 comments:
super cute shoes carmen.
i miss portland.
Benson and Luther (especially) have gotten so big. They are too cute. P.s. I love your shoes!
Sounds yummy - I'll have to try this recipe out! A picture would be nice since I'm a very visual person. :o)
Your jewelry is amazing! I want one of each!!!! ;o) Wish I was made of money sometimes! Do want the Sherbet one for sure though.
those are the cutest shoes carmen!! I also love the new necklaces you are making, the transfers look really good.
-Necia
Post a Comment