.

.

Wednesday, April 1

::PJs, Bday, & a Puzzle::




One of the perks of being married to a school teacher is Spring Break. Before I get to the happenings over our week long holiday I will announce the Give Away Winner. Congratulations Deanna!! You've won some handy gift tags.





Over Spring Break we were able to catch up on some household tasks (Ben had a long honey-do list). We were also able to go to Redmond for a few days and visit Ben's parents. The day we got there Roxanne and I went to a Taste of Home Cooking Show. It was a lot of fun...especially since I won a big ol' cookbook. We celebrated Ben's birthday by going to a delicious steak house in Tumalo (extra credit if you know where that's at). All dinners come with complimentary dessert, as you can see Luther especially liked that. He has a sweet tooth. I also shared a picture above of him eating a 'special' lollipop--yes, in the car!

One goal we had over the break was to complete a 1000 piece Obama puzzle. With the help of the movies Oceans Eleven, Twelve, & Thirteen and a couple of late nights we were successful. I was able to get a little sewing in as well. I was finally able to make Luther some PJ's out of my friend Valori Well's fabric. Plus, I put together a matching set of PJ bottoms for the boys which I embellished with some free fabric Valori had sent me. And a big Thank You to Nana for making Benson a Jedi cape--the force is strong with this one!!



4 comments:

Melissa said...

My mom-in-law gives me the taste of home magazine and this year she gave me their cook book. I wonder if it is the same big ol one you won?! I love my book. Easy yummy recipes!

Anonymous said...

Fun was had by all, love the Jedi cape, and very cute PJ's..Obama...well !!:)

Love Mom

Erica said...

I think Jed should have been a teacher...what a fun spring break!

Erica Johnston said...

Now I know where you get it if your mom whips up a jedi cape! Looks like lots of fun.