.

.

Wednesday, April 29

Among Other Things




A couple of weekends ago I was invited to attend a little celebration at the Bear Hotel. What is the "Bear Hotel" you might ask? In our sleepy little town there is a very generous and very creative man by the name of Brady Adams. He owns a bank, a hotel, a restaurant, and a good portion of land along our popular Rogue River...among other things. Mr. Adams is fond of art and comes up with creative ways to help with the fasade of our city by providing temporary public art along the main drag.
I've included a picture of the Nutcrackers which are on display every holiday season downtown, he also commissioned artists to paint fiberglass bears--which now live at the "Bear Hotel" with his other art that's not in use. This year he is launching the Doors of Oregon in celebration of our state's 150 birthday. The doors have been painted depicting Oregon scenes. The doors will be along our 6th St drag starting in May when the 'doors' of his new restaurant open.
Plus...while I was visiting the Bear Hotel I entered a raffle and won. What did I win you might ask? I won lunch for four with Brady Adams at the new restaurant...cool!

Also as a result of my Annual Home Inventory I held my annual yard sale and made over $200. You too can have people syphon through your unwanted junk that's going to be donated anyway and make money! Something different I did this year was I made a couple of batches of Yummy Bars and sold them to my hungry customers. I will share the recipe because they're really yummy. Good for the chefs that like things semi-homemade!
{{Yummy Bars}}
1 package cake mix
½ C oil
2 eggs
2 T water
6oz package chips
You can use a variety of combinations of cake mixes and chips. For example, chocolate cake mix and butterscotch chips. Mix and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Cut into squares and sell at a yard sale!

1 comment:

Hatt family said...

If I haven't told you lately, Carmen, you are amazing! That looks like you had such a good time. I really need to learn more about Grants Pass, and be more involved in the community. I'm also looking forward to trying your recipes!