
This year I'm trying something new that I think may turn into a tradition. After school is back in and Ben's settled back into teaching and I've settled into my mommy schedule I will start my Christmas Baking. Yes...I said Christmas in September. I plan on doing one cookie/dessert recipe per week and freezing the majority (the rest will go to my lucky neighbors and we'll need to test a few as they come out of the oven.) This way by the time the crazy holidays come around I can focus on the true reason for the season--and all the other traditions that come along with the joyous time of year.
Between now and Thanksgiving I plan on making the following and sharing the recipes with you:
Grandma Hadler's Sugar Cookies, Disappearing Brownies, Peanut Marshmallow Cookies, Death By Chocolate Cookies, Peanut Butter Reindeer, Stained Glass Window Cookies, Mrs. Lambie's Sugar Cookies, Monster Cookies, Salted Peanut Chew Bars, Gingerbread Men, and Haystacks!!
This week we're starting with...
GRANDMA HADLER'S SUGAR COOKIES
1 CUP BUTTER
1 CUP OIL
1 CUP POWDERED SUGAR
1 CUP REG. SUGAR
2 EGGS
1 TSP. SALT
1 TSP. SODA
1 TSP. CREAM OF TARTER
1 TSP. VANILLA
1 TSP. ALMOND EXTRACT
4 CUPS + 4 TSP. FLOUR
MIX IN ORDER. CHILL 1 HR.
ROLL INTO BALLS AND FLATTEN
WITH GLASS DIPPED IN SUGAR
BAKE AT 375 UNTIL BROWNED.
10 TO 12 MIN.
ENJOY
3 comments:
are you going to bake the cookies, or just make the dough?
if you bake them, do you vacume seal them or something? i would think cookies in the freezer for 4 months wouldnt hold up well.
sounds yummy.
i LOVE monster cookies!
happy baking!
way to take the wind out of my sails, sarah. Well I always use the utmost caution when frezzing my goodies. I have done this before and yes they aren't as delicious as fresh ones but they still get gobbled up.
PS Xmas is only 3 months away.
PPS I alway appreciate your culinary expertise
Yes, double wrap and they will be fine in the freezer.....Better then waiting until the last minute and have the ants get into all the goodies you make in just a few days....do you remember that ??
Love mom
Post a Comment