.

.

Tuesday, September 9

Lunch Revolutionized


I have been meaning to share with you a trick I recently learned at a cooking class I attended. This simple trick has turned lunch time at the Lawson household into the most delicious time of day. Using your waffle iron you can make sandwiches warm, cheesy, melty, gooey, crunchy...Lunch nirvana in a matter of minutes.

Simply heat your waffle maker. Construct your favorite combination of ingredients that you usually put on your sandwich (skip lettuce) . Place in waffle iron. Let it heat until the cheese is melted and bread is crispy...about 3 minutes. Then you have a panini sandwich (sort of).

What I had today...

2 slices of Whole Wheat Flax Seed Bread
4 pieces of deli turkey
Small dollop of olive oil Mayo
large dollop of Sun Dried Tomato spread
1 Slice of Dill mozzarella cheese



So there you go. Now go try it....and if you already knew about this and your saying, "Ya, Carmen duh." Well, then why didn't you tell me sooner---it's GREAT!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its like the lady on tv
http://www.gtxpress.com

but i like the idea of using a waffle maker.